What We Do On Pilgrimage
Every pilgrimage is different and structured according to the needs and limitations of our pilgrims, however, all our pilgrimages have a number of activities in common. All pilgrimages include for example:
- Regular time for prayer and reflection at the Grotto both as a group and individually.
- The Blessed Sacrament Procession at least once.
- Torchlight Procession at least once.
- Baths and/or washing ceremony
- Daily Mass
- Anointing of the Sick
- Submission of Petitions.
Other activities can also include:
- Stations of the Cross
- Praying the Rosary
- Group candle lighting at the Grotto
- A Group photograph
- Visits to places in and around Lourdes
- Shopping Opportunities
- Social occasions for the group to relax and enjoy each others’ company.